Prince Andrew arrested in alleged misconduct probe linked to Epstein case: report

Britain’s Prince Andrew was arrested on Thursday on suspicion of misconduct in public office, according to reports, marking a dramatic development in the long-running fallout from the Jeffrey Epstein scandal.
According to local media reports, six unmarked police vehicles and around eight plain-clothed officers arrived earlier in the day at Wood Farm on the Sandringham estate in Norfolk, eastern England.
In a statement, Thames Valley Police reportedly confirmed a 60-year-old man has been arrested but did not identify the individual. They further claimed that they are carrying out searches at addresses in Berkshire and Norfolk.
Police said they would not name the arrested person in line with national guidance and cautioned that the matter is now active.
As per reports, Assistant Chief Constable Oliver Wright said an investigation had been opened following a “thorough assessment” of the allegations and stressed the need to protect the integrity of the probe. He acknowledged significant public interest and said updates would be provided at an appropriate time.
Earlier this month, the force said it was assessing allegations that Prince Andrew, the Duke of York and younger brother of King Charles III, had passed confidential government documents to the late US financier Jeffrey Epstein.
The claims are understood to be linked to files recently released by US authorities, which have renewed scrutiny of the Duke’s past associations.
Prince Andrew, the second son of the late Queen Elizabeth II, has consistently denied wrongdoing in connection with Epstein. He has previously expressed regret over the friendship but maintained he acted lawfully.
Buckingham Palace had not issued a statement at the time of filing this report.

