For Real Time Updates and Better ExperienceDownload the app Now!
Download the app Now!

Fire in a Jamnagar house, cash, worth lakhs burnt to ashes

Updated: Nov 28th, 2023

Fire in Kalavad, Jamnagar (img: File)

A major fire accident has been reported in Jamnagar today where all the furniture and cash was burnt. As per the reports, the house belonged to Yogesh Dholakia in the Limda Chowk area of Jamnagar’s Kalavad taluka at around 11 a.m.

An operation was underway as soon as the fire team was informed, and two fire engines were successful in extinguishing the flames. Locals had also gathered around the fire location.

Out of the ₹4 lakh cash in the house, ₹1 lakh was gutted before the fire could be extinguished. Jewellery worth ₹10 lakh and another ₹3 lakh in cash were eventually saved in the blaze.

Losses incurred by the resident in the fire included a television, furniture in the house, etc.

Fire due to short circuit

A team of Kalavad town police also reached the spot after learning about the fire incident and started a thorough investigation into the matter.

The primary cause of the fire is suspected to be a short circuit.

Rising fire accidents in the state

Housing safety standards in Gujarat have been stooping to a new low every day. Several incidents of fire outbreaks have been emerging from parts of the state.

Recently, a fire broke out in Avadh Arcade in Ahmedabad’s Jivraj park area on Aug 16.

Another fierce fire broke out in the basement of Rajasthan Hospital in the Shahibaug area of Ahmedabad on July 30, in which around 50 vehicles were gutted.

For more such updates and news on the go, follow us on Instagram | YouTube | Facebook